- A heat pump is a device that uses a small amount of energy to move heat from one location to another
- Heat pumps are usually used to pull heat out of the air or ground to heat a home or office building, or they can be switched into reverse to also cool a building
- Heat pumps are a unique kind of heating system because they can do the work of both a furnace and an air conditioner
- Heat pumps can also work extremely efficiently, because they simply transfer heat rather than burn fuel to create it
- Heat pumps work best in moderate climates
- If you live in a moderate climate, using a heat pump instead of a furnace and air conditioner can help you save a lot of money on your utility bill
- Remember that most heat pumps are somewhat limited in the cold, so it is important that you learn which kind of heat pump is best for your area before installing one in your home or office building
You may have heard the terms split system or package unit before, but do you know exactly what that means? There is actually a big differen...
Hot off the news wire this morning, Monday, January 23rd 2012, is the price of R-22 refrigerant will be going up effective immediately! ...
We get calls from customers often during the winter months asking why their heat pump is suddenly running really loudly. What most people ...
Probably the most common question we get in the hvac business is this; which is better, gas furnace or heat pump? Well folks, it all prett...
If you've done any research on refrigerants and/or new air conditioning units you have probably heard about a new-ish 'alternate&...
If you have a furnace in your home and it's more than a few years old, you should have a trained certified professional inspect it and ...
Air pollution contributes greatly to most respiratory illnesses and conditions, with lung disease claiming close to 335,000 lives in Americ...
September 24, 2010 The HVAC industry of today is making technological advances leaps and bounds faster than any previous time period. Co...
The quality of air filter for your furnace is a very important aspect of your heating system, and hopefully you want the best grade filter ...
The title of this post is probably one of the most frequently asked questions by customers to their heating and air conditioning service ...
Friday, October 22, 2010
Have you ever wondered about what makes a heat pump a heat pump? Well, I'm here to tell you it's not as complicated as you may think. This blog will be a crash course on the heat pump and how it works, and also the key things to remember when it comes time to replace your current system.
Now, given that our climate(central North Carolina) is considered moderate, when you go to look into replacing your system it might just be worth your while to go with a heat pump To find out more just give us a call!
Posted by Nickadeemus at 4:08 PM