- A heat pump is a device that uses a small amount of energy to move heat from one location to another
- Heat pumps are usually used to pull heat out of the air or ground to heat a home or office building, or they can be switched into reverse to also cool a building
- Heat pumps are a unique kind of heating system because they can do the work of both a furnace and an air conditioner
- Heat pumps can also work extremely efficiently, because they simply transfer heat rather than burn fuel to create it
- Heat pumps work best in moderate climates
- If you live in a moderate climate, using a heat pump instead of a furnace and air conditioner can help you save a lot of money on your utility bill
- Remember that most heat pumps are somewhat limited in the cold, so it is important that you learn which kind of heat pump is best for your area before installing one in your home or office building
Can you believe it? The first official day of autumn is next month! For the smart people who like to plan ahead, they know that now i...
We get calls from customers often during the winter months asking why their heat pump is suddenly running really loudly. What most people ...
You may have heard the terms split system or package unit before, but do you know exactly what that means? There is actually a big differen...
Probably the most common question we get in the hvac business is this; which is better, gas furnace or heat pump? Well folks, it all prett...
Hot off the news wire this morning, Monday, January 23rd 2012, is the price of R-22 refrigerant will be going up effective immediately! ...
The title of this post is probably one of the most frequently asked questions by customers to their heating and air conditioning service ...
If you have a furnace in your home that's more than a few years old, you need to have a trained and certified professional inspect i...
At Environmental, we've discovered that the more information a customer is able to provide about their a/c and/or heating system, the...
We are now less than a month away from the first day of autumn! Right now is the best time to take advantage of what we call the "...
A very common concern we get here at Environmental Heating & Air from home owners during the wintertime is "why is my heat pump b...
Friday, October 22, 2010
Have you ever wondered about what makes a heat pump a heat pump? Well, I'm here to tell you it's not as complicated as you may think. This blog will be a crash course on the heat pump and how it works, and also the key things to remember when it comes time to replace your current system.
Now, given that our climate(central North Carolina) is considered moderate, when you go to look into replacing your system it might just be worth your while to go with a heat pump To find out more just give us a call!
Posted by Nickadeemus at 4:08 PM